Give me a sign!
Posted on July 18, 2015 in Enlightenment
Sign, sign, everywhere a sign
Blockin’ out the scenery, breakin’ my mind
Do this, don’t do that, can’t you read the sign?
~Five Man Electrical Band
Sometimes, when I’m faced with a big decision, I want a sign from the Universe that I’m moving in the right direction. I’ve learned through the years that the Universe will give you answers when you ask for them.
Here are five ways that the Universe sends us messages and speaks to us:
- Through our dreams (see my previous blog on this). Write down your question before you go to sleep and request an answer. When you wake up, write down what you remember about your dream, and then spend time reflecting on the symbols and activities in your dream to uncover an answer.
- While meditating. Begin your meditation with your question in mind. Then clear your mind and see what messages come to you.
- In nature. Go for a walk in the woods, along the beach, or wherever your soul guides you. After you state your question, walk and watch with an open mind. Notice what catches your eye. Does a specific animal cross your path or call out to you? Does a flower or plant seem to shine? Does a rock formation appeal to you? Whatever catches your attention is giving you insights into your answer. Look to the characteristics, activities and motions, and myths and legends of the nature item for your answer.
- During stream-of-consciousness writing. Write your question in your journal and then clear your mind, keeping your pen on paper. Without thinking about what you are doing, channel the wisdom of the Universe and begin writing. Keep writing, without thinking or editing, until you run out of words. Once you’re done writing, put down your pen and read what you’ve written to get your answer.
- In our day-to-day activities. While you are going about your daily activities – going to work or school, meeting with friends, etc. – notice what catches your attention. Do you hear the same song several times? Or notice the same advertisement or commercial? Does the same word pop up over and over? These too can be signs from the Universe of the answer you are seeking.
These are but a few of the ways that the Universe speaks to us. What ways do you hear the Universe? What signs have you gotten?