Have you ever experienced true, unconditional love – the kind of love that causes you to vibrate with it because it is too big for your physical being?
When I do shamanic journeys for clients and work with helping guides, spirits and Ascended Masters, this type of love flows through me and into the people I’m working with. My clients feel it and often remark on how amazing they feel. By the time I am done with a session, I am buzzing with it and experience a kind of “love high.”
What I’ve learned through my journey to becoming a shaman is that this type of love is not reserved for the spirit world nor is it put aside for “special occasions.” This kind of love is available to everyone at all times. In fact, it is the core of our individual being and connects us to one another. When you strip away the body, the mind, and the ego, you are left with love. At our core, each of us is pure, unconditional love.
Sometimes we are so disconnected from ourselves that it can be difficult to tap into this aspect of ourselves. The negativity and violence and hatred in our society causes many to unconsciously shield and hide this love. Other times, our ego gets in the way and “hardens” our heart and love to the world or causes us to fear it.
Unfortunately, this is exactly the opposite of what is needed in our world today. Each time we hide, harden or fear this love, we increase the pain in the world and miss out on an opportunity to help heal it and the situation. Our challenge is to learn how to tap into this love and hold our heart open – even when faced with pain, sorrow and hurt. When we hold our heart open, we create a channel for Divine Love to flow through us and to others.
With practice, you can do this! Here’s how:
- Close your eyes, and take several slow, deep breaths to calm your mind and ground yourself.
- Continue breathing deeply and rhythmically, while you focus on your heart area.
- Imagine your breath originating in your heart and flowing out from your heart (instead of your lungs, mouth and nose).
- As you do this, you will feel the energy in your heart areas begin to vibrate.
- Continue breathing and “fuel” the energy. You’ll feel it grow and fill you while expanding beyond you at the same time.
- Once you’re completely filled with love energy, you can begin visualizations to bring healing love to friends, family, a specific situation and even the world. Simply call in the person(s) or situation you wish to send love to and visualize your love energy extending beyond you to envelop them in it.
- With enough practice, you can tap into this wellspring of unconditional love within you at any time and in any situation.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t get it right away, or if you “drop out” of it. When I started doing this, I would get so overwhelmed when I started feeling the power of this love that I would break free of it, partly from awe and partly from fear. I learned to breathe through my fear and just accept it. Today I revel in it and connect with the Divine Love in me throughout the day.
Let me know how you do!