I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Persephone Rose. Her blog, The Spirit Garden, focuses on her spiritual path, crystals and dreams (among other things!). The Liebster award is given by bloggers to lesser-known bloggers (those who have less than 200 followers). This is a way to give support in the WordPress community.
Persephone Rose’s questions for me:
- What is your favorite place you have visited? That’s a tough one. I’ve been very fortunate to have been able to travel to many places. Every place I’ve visited has had its own unique aspects that I’ve liked. Currently, I’ve been spending a lot of time in Mexico visiting Mayan ruins as part of my spiritual journey and shamanic training.
- What spiritual or metaphysical topics most interest you? Healing, spirit evolution, collective and individual consciousness, energy work/energy bodies, intuition…the list goes on.
- If you work with crystals, what is your favorite crystal? I work with a variety of crystals! A friend of mine recently gifted me with a beautiful Golden Lemurian crystal that I have been spending time connecting with.
- If you could visit any one place in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go? Antarctica
- Who do you think you were in a past life? A healer and a teacher
- What hobbies do you have? I enjoy dancing, writing, and pretty much any type of crafting activity. I also love taking walks in the redwoods.
- What is your favorite season and why? Autumn – the colors are so vibrant and there is a crispness in the air.
- Do you observe/celebrate the changing of the seasons? Yes. I grew up in New England and enjoyed each season for the unique things it would bring (new growth, fruits/vegetables, colors, snow, etc.). Over the last few years I have been focusing on incorporating the observance and celebration of the equinoxes and solstices.
- Do you pay attention to the lunar cycle? Yes, I do. As part of my shamanic training, I have been working with the energy and cycles of the moon.
- If you could only have one type of houseplant, what would it be and why? An orchid because their flowers are so beautiful and last for so long.
- What do you suppose is your spirit animal? I have a deeply personal relationship with my power animal and work with him nearly every day. However, I don’t share his identity with others at his request.
Random Facts about Me:
- I don’t own a television.
- I love to travel and am on an airplane nearly every week.
- I am left-handed.
- I used to have a cake-decorating business.
- My favorite colors are red and green.
- I find something to be grateful for everyday.
- I could spend hours in a redwood forest.
- I hate shopping.
- My refrigerator usually only has water in it.
- I consider popcorn a meal. It’s especially yummy with some chili powder sprinkled on top!
Questions for my Nominees:
- What are you most proud of in your life?
- If you could change one thing in this world, what would it be and why?
- What is your favorite food?
- Who is your role model ?
- If you could have one super power, what would it be?
- What book, movie or event most impacted you?
- What is one place in the world that you would like to visit?
- Are you a dog or cat person?
- If someone gave you $1 million and told you that it had to be donated, which charities or causes would you select?
- Do you believe in ghosts?
- What is your gift or talent?
The Liebster Award rules for 2016:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. Images you can use for your 2016 Liebster Award can be found at http://theglobalaussie.com/the-official-rules-of-the-liebster-award-2016/ .
- List these rules in your post.
- Answer your nominator’s questions.
- Give 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers.
- Create 11 questions for your own nominees to answer.
- Once you have written and published it, you then have to: Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.