We are made up of several different energy bodies: physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. Each energy body is connected to the other, and what is felt or done to one impacts the other energy bodies and our overall wellbeing and health.
For example, if you focus your thoughts on negative things or spend most of your time in negative emotions such as anger or hate, those signals will flow through the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual energy bodies and can result in disease. Likewise, if you do not care for and honor your physical body, you may end up with negative self-defeating thoughts and emotions as a result.
Fortunately, the reverse is also true: you can elevate your energy bodies and overall wellbeing by focusing on positive thoughts and emotions and caring for your physical body. One of the most uplifting things you can do for yourself that not only elevates the energy vibration in each of your energy bodies but also can impact others is to connect with Source.
At our core, we are pure unconditional love. Our Source is this love. However, as we go through life we can become bogged down with day-to-day demands, experiences, traumas, etc. that cause us to disconnect from our source. One way to think of this is to imagine that you are a window. When you are born, you are crystal clear and the sun (Source) can shine through and illuminate you. Over time, dirt and grime – the stuff of life – builds up on the window and it becomes more difficult for the sun to penetrate the window. Connecting with Source is one conscious way to both clear off the dirt and grime of your window and feel the sunshine.
So, how do you connect with Source? Here’s how I do it.
- Pause and connect to your heart. Breathe in and out through your heart, doing your best to be fully present while you do this.
- You will begin to feel a tingly warm feeling in your heart area. This is Source coming in. As you breathe in and out, let that feeling grow larger.
- Once you feel as if your heart is full and you can feel your overall wellbeing increasing, work to move that feeling throughout your body. Use your breath to push it down your legs to each toe and then up through your arms, hands, neck and head.
- Continue breathing and let the feeling grow within you. You should start feeling lighter, more positive, and filled with love. You may even start to cry because of the feeling…and that’s okay!
- Once your physical body is full with Source, begin to expand the feeling out around you in a big bubble. Let it reach out to all your energy bodies.
- Stay in this space for a while. If desired, you can then send this love out through you to others, or even out to the world. Because you are connected to Source, and Source is infinite, this will not diminish the feeling within you.
When I do shamanic work for clients, I connect to this Source and work with it to help my clients heal at a spiritual level. Interestingly, every client has commented on how peaceful they feel after a session. This is because I am channeling Source through me to them, and in the process am, to use the metaphor above, cleaning their window.
Be patient with yourself as you learn to do this. When I started, I would feel so overwhelmed by the feeling of love at step 2 that I would break free from it. It took practice for me to move through the steps. Keep practicing and you will get there!
Note: this blog originally appeared on VeraHeart.