How often do you stop, notice and appreciate the many blessings and gifts that come your way each day?
I’m not talking about the “grand gestures,” but all of those little things that happen that bring a smile to your face or a sigh of relief to your heart. Here are a few things that I am grateful for this week:
- The worker at Whole Foods who went into the back area to see if they had any more chanterelle mushrooms that I needed for a recipe
- The man hired to paint the hallway in my apartment building who carried a heavy box to my door
- Being able to help a woman who was having trouble parking her car by letting her know when she was getting too close to the curb
- A new client who had incredible results from our shamanic sessions
- The women at my dance class who are always so very supportive
- Seeing my book on the shelf at a book store
- Having a friend be even more excited about some good news I received than I even was
I’ve found that when I acknowledge the “little things,” more and more things to be grateful for in my life show up. It’s as if, by acknowledging them, a door opens up for more to come through. Plus, I end up feeling happier about my life!
Try it, and let me know how it works for you.