I saw this picture this week on Facebook. It at serves as a great reminder that we need to shift our perspective and be gentler on ourselves.
We are so trained to succeed in everything that we end up beating ourselves up when we stumble. We view each mis-step or side step as an epic failure instead of seeing it for what it is – an opportunity:
- An opportunity to learn a new or different way to do something
- An opportunity to reframe our response
- An opportunity to improve upon ourselves
- An opportunity to perfect a skill or capability
- An opportunity for a “do-over”
- An opportunity to go down a different path
- An opportunity to reassess our direction
- An opportunity to learn how to dance through life!
When you shift your perspective like this, you will have a much healthier way to look at your life and have a greater appreciation for every step you take forward and backward.
This is a wonderful reminder of that which we so often forget; every day is a new opportunity to do things in a better way than we did yesterday. Every day is another chance, and we have so many chances in our lives! We can rejoice with wonder in our tens of thousands of new chances to start off new and better!